What is EUROtel about?
More than 15 years ago, EUROtel was started as one of the first alternative overseas calling services in South Africa. Our offering and the relevant telecoms technology has evolved a lot since then, and these days our complete focus is on supplying telephone services over the Internet to South African households.
Fibre, LTE, 3G & 4G, fast DSL and similar Internet connections are fast becoming commonplace in South Africa these days, and we’re here to offer the telephone service to go with it. The so-called ‘VoIP’ technology enables clients to use the Internet as their calling platform instead of outdated conventional landlines.
The main advantages of EUROtel are cost savings, flexibility in use and crystal clear call quality via suitable Internet connections. Also, say goodbye to high line rental costs and frustrating service experiences while keeping your current number if you wish!
What do I need to make use of EUROtel?
All you need is good Internet connectivity such as Fibre, LTE, 3G, 4G or fast DSL (ideally with a speed of at least 10Mbps) plus a smartphone and you’re good to go! Connectivity of 4Mbps might also be sufficient, but that depends on a variety of factors, and our free test is especially advisable. The required Internet connectivity may be fixed (i.e. Fibre) or mobile (LTE, 3G, 4G etc). You can make EUROtel calls via your smartphone (at home over your wifi environment or on the move via 3G/4G/LTE), via your existing home phone or from a VoIP phone. Far cheaper than with Telkom or your current cellphone provider!
How to get started?
Simply test us free of charge:
Easy as 1-2-3 to turn your smartphone into a testing device or even your new home & allround phone! Use EUROtel in wifi environments or via your cellular data connections:
- Submit your details for using EUROtel here. No contracts, no risk, monthly cancellations.
- Load the 'Zoiper' app as your user interface on your smartphone in 1 minute. All your contacts will show up instantly! (See also FAQ’s regarding suitable apps.)
- We'll send you your user credentials and you're all set to use your free EUROtel starter credit. Call your friends or family for 30 minutes within South Africa or to the main overseas destinations without paying a cent!
Too good to be true? Not quite - just great EUROtel service and a new era in telecommunications.
This is how simple, cheap and user-friendly modern telephony should be! Low call rates, massive savings on monthly line rental charges, possible use from multiple devices and from anywhere, maximum flexibility, reliable billing, free ‘live’ call records and so much more....... Today’s telecommunication, brought to you by EUROtel!
What about the telephone number and phone device?
You can transfer your current landline number to EUROtel (except with DSL Internet connections), or you can order a new local number from us. Either way you’ll be able to use your EUROtel number anywhere in South Africa with Internet access, without your call partner even knowing your whereabouts.
You can make use of EUROtel via these devices (same call charges for all options):
- Simply continue using your smartphone for all calls: No problem at all wherever you have good Internet connectivity, be it through a suitable wifi environment, Fibre, DSL, LTE, 3G / 4G etc. All calls from a single appliance - maximum convenience, maximum flexibility, maximum savings!
- Continue using your old home phone: This may be advisable if speed dials are stored in your current phone, or if you have a weakish wifi signal. The cabled connection to your router will prevent possible quality-loss due to compromised wifi environments. Simply order your adapter from EUROtel and connect your current phone via the adapter to your router. High usage clients receive their adapters at a reduced rate or even free of charge, enquire with us regarding the details.
- Use a VoIP phone: You have the possibility of purchasing a VoIP phone. This will not offer better quality than the previous option, but VoIP phones do have some unique features that may be interesting for users.
EUROtel advantages at a glance:
- EUROtel is an independent telephony service, meaning you can use our service via any Internet Service Provider and continue using EUROtel after a possible change in your ISP. You’ll always keep your EUROtel line number and have access to our cheap rates and specialist modern-day telecommunication services.
- Keep your current telephone number or order a new one from EUROtel.
- Say goodbye to your old landline, high call charges & monthly line rental costs as well as poor customer service. Today’s telecommunication is cost-efficient, modern and with top-of-the-range service attitude!
- Use EUROtel anywhere you have decent Internet or cellphone reception!
- Smartphone convergence – make all calls at reduced rates via 1 appliance and 1 specialised telephony provider!
- Massive savings on local and international calls, see an overview here. EUROtel to EUROtel calls are free of charge.
- No misleading call packages – pay for the calls you make!
- Call first, pay later. No pre-payments, no binding packages, no credit card requirements.
- Every new client starts out with a credit and a free trial period. Additional credits allocated with new client referrals.
- No contracts, no risk, monthly cancellation.
- Automatic monthly invoices by email, 'live' viewing of call data records free of charge via client interface.
- Use EUROtel from multiple devices - see also our FAQ's in that regard.